What are the Disinfection Services? How are they helpful in the prevention of COVID-19 spreading?
First of all, disinfection is a type of service certain cleaning companies provide to commercial and residential facilities. The main purpose of disinfection is to inactivate or destroy the microorganisms that might be on various surfaces inside the building. It is an effective way to eliminate harmful or threatening microorganisms that are within the building, providing a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
Disinfection services have proven to be very effective against the confirmed and non-confirmed cases of Covid-19. Most of the harmful particles within the surfaces and air inside the closed spaces are being completely eliminated through the disinfection process. Such services are largely favored by small and big businesses, a healthy and safe environment is a top priority for all companies, especially with a lot of workers and workspaces.
Process of Disinfection:
There are a variety of disinfection strategies and equipment organizations around the world are putting to use, however in this article we will try to combine and give you the most known and the most effective once currently available on the market. Here is a list of the five most-used disinfection types of equipment, by specialists in the disinfection area:
- Fog machine - A fog machine sprays high amounts of disinfectant solution into the air, creating a fog-like cloud that eliminates any kind of threats in the air and at the same time on surfaces. Fog machines are highly effective and easy to use, they do cover a lot of spacing, however, they are not recommended for small rooms or closed up the spacing. Mostly used for warehouses, storage rooms, conference rooms, and overall open areas.
- Electrostatic machines - A machine that sprays a high amount of disinfectant solution into the air, however, the particles are charged electrically, providing additional support to the disinfectant solution in eliminating harmful microorganisms. Unlike the fog machine, an electrostatic machine is perfect for small and medium-sized rooms, it covers less spacing but it is an effective way to eliminate bacterias in targeted areas. Mostly used in workspaces, small office rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms.
- Electrostatic Backpacks - It is a backpack filled with the disinfectant solution that is usually sprayed through a thin wired pistol, the amount of solution sprayed can be usually controlled, which makes it efficient for small and medium targeted surfaces. Mostly used for frequently touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, keyboards, mouses, frequently used machines, and others.
- Ventilation pills - This is a special type of disinfectant, it is usually a small pill that is being placed inside of the house’s ventilation system. The disinfectant solution is being applied to the air that is being passed through the system into the rooms, not only does it eliminate bad particles within the air of the house but also spreads around the rooms, eliminating additionally bacterias on the surfaces of the rooms where the air is being passed to. Mostly used for residential facilities, not always recommended for use in large offices and warehouses.
- ElectroStatic Pistols - Similarly to electrostatic backpacks and electrostatic machines, it is a small pistol that has a tank embedded within the pistol structure and can be filled with a solution. It does use electro-charged particles to eliminate dangerous bacterias, however, the main difference is that a pistol usually does not require an electro wire, it can be charged with a battery block, just like a fog machine. Mostly used for small rooms and targeted areas, the biggest limitation is the amount of solution that can be filled.
It is very important to understand what each piece of the equipment does and in which situation it can be most effectively used. When it comes to strategies for disinfection, most disinfection providers use very different strategies, depending on the location and objects within the facilities. As many specialists report, they use multiple pieces of equipment at the same time, to provide maximum elimination of harmful bacterias. The highly known strategy among the specialists consists of two main steps, first the frequently touched surfaces are being disinfected and then fog machines or an electrostatic machine are being applied to cover the entire spacing for an overall elimination. This strategy is simple and short but is largely used by a variety of disinfection specialists but once again the strategies could depend on the facility being disinfected.
Protection gear is key to the safety of the disinfection crew and the overall success of the disinfection process. The gear may depend on whether or not it is a confirmed covid19 case or just prophylaxis for safety measures. As specialists report suits with hoodies, special medical gloves and respiratory masks are very necessary for a confirmed covid19 case service. If it is a non confirmed case it is still recommended to use respiratory masks and suits for such disinfection equipment. All of the used protection during the non confirmed and confirmed case must be utilized properly, the dangerous particles and bacteria may be still on the suits or gloves, making the used protection equipment dangerous to the environment around. When it comes to disinfection the protection equipment is key in the successful elimination of viruses and harmful bacterias within the facility.
How Safe Disinfection Is:
While disinfectants used during the disinfection process eliminate all types of living organisms, the disinfectants are not harmful to humans at all. Not only to humans but also to pets, plants, foods, and beverages, making the disinfection process environmentally safe. Most of the disinfectants used during the disinfection process are EPA-registered, meaning they have been proven and tested to be unharmful to humans and the environment. According to the findings of the “EPAReg” group around 98% of the disinfectants used during the disinfection services are EPA-registered and approved. It is recommended to wait outside the building or office space for 15-45 minutes, for disinfectants to air-out of the building. It is safe to walk in after the disinfection process, however, it does take some time for a solution to fully settle on surfaces and eliminate possible threats. Additionally, after the disinfection service, there might be a disinfectant solution smell left, so it is always better to simply wait and let the disinfection particles be aired out of the facility. After the disinfection process has taken place and the particles within the air have aired out, it is 100% safe to continue the working process in the building, but now in a much healthier and safer environment.
Disinfection services are absolutely effective against the covid19 spreading, not only does the disinfection process eliminate harmful microorganisms on the surfaces but also greatly reduces the number of bad particles that are found within the facility’s air. The disinfection process is very environmentally friendly and is a great way to ensure that the environment around you is safe and healthy. Disinfection combines modern technology and newly created techniques to ensure safety for everyone! Old style cleanings and sanitizing techniques may not always work, especially during the virus pandemic, that’s where the disinfection services come in handy, they are much more efficient and safer. If you want to make a 100% safe environment for you, your family, or co-workers, you must use the disinfection services! The disinfection process and its outcome will truly surprise you!